Friday, September 20, 2013

Accept God's Comfort





The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;

He leads me in the paths of righteousness
 
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
 
I will fear no evil;
 
For You are with me;
 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
 Psalm 23:1-4

These words have often been the source of solace and peace.  Few other biblical passages contain such beautiful imagery.  The reason why people are so uplifted by the Shepherd's Psalm is because it describes the comfort we dream  of having during trials.  But it doesn't have to be a dream! It is available in Jesus Christ right this minute.

This comfort doesn't come with a mere snapping of our fingers.  We must accept God's comfort or we will not possess it.  To receive this emotional healing we cannot cling to our hurts.  They must be dropped just outside the gate to the green pastures.  Then both hands and heart will open to receive soothing restoration of soul and spirit. 


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

In the News